Effective Date : October 7th, 2013 (last updated February 15th, 2017)
This Policy describes how we treat personal information on the websites where it is located. This includes www.retale.com. It also applies to our mobile sites and apps where the Policy is located. In this Policy, we refer to our websites, mobile sites and apps as our platforms. Sometimes third parties may collect information on our platforms. This Policy does not describe their practices unless we have specifically said so in this Policy.
We collect information from and about you.
- We collect contact information. For example, we might collect your email address if you sign up for our alerts or create an account. We may also collect your username and password. We may also collect your name and phone number if you contact us.
- We collect account information. For example, we may collect your username and password if you create an account on our sites and apps.
- We collect loyalty program information. As part of our services you can track your loyalty rewards with many popular retailers. To do this, we permit you to provide us with your loyalty account information with those retailers. For example, we may collect your phone number or email address if you provide them as your loyalty program account numbers or IDs.
- We collect information about your interactions with the app. For example, we collect the searches you run on the app. We also collect information about the circulars and content you view in the app.
- We collect information you submit or post. For example, we collect the information you post in a public space on our platform. This may include comments you post to our platform. We also collect information if you respond to a survey.
- We collect location information. We may collect information about the location from which you are using our services. This might include stores you visit. We may also collect your ZIP code. We may collect location information using different technologies. These technologies may include the location services of your operating system and browser as well as sensor data from your device. We may also collect and use Wi-Fi and GPS information and information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. We might collect location information in the background, including when you are not directly interacting with our app. We may also collect location information from third party providers. Third party providers may also collect location information on our platforms.
- We collect demographic information. We may collect information like your gender and age. We may collect your zip code to help you find sales relevant to you. We might collect this when you use our platforms.
- We collect device and other information. We may collect information about your IP address or other device identifier and the browser you’re using. This might include device and advertising identifiers. This might also include device usage information like battery usage. We might also look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. We or third parties may collect this information and share it with us. If you use our app, we might collect this information in the background, including when the app is not running. To learn more, please read here.
We collect information in different ways.
- We collect information directly from you. For example, if you contact us, or sign up for alerts.
- We collect information from you passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to collect information from you. We also use passive tracking technologies to gather information about your device and usage. We collect information about users over time when you use this platform. We may have third parties collect personal information this way. We also collect information from our mobile apps. Learn more about these tools, and how you can control them, here.
- We get information about you from third parties. For example, our business partners may give us information about you. Social media platforms may also give us information about you.
- We combine information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We may also combine information we have collected through our other platforms. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
We use information as disclosed and described here.
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to respond to your comments or questions.
- We use information to improve our products and services. We may use your information to make our platforms and products better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties. We also use your information for analytics purposes.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company and our customers. We also use information to protect our platforms.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you information about special offers. We might also use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. This may include using your location information to tailor our services to your current location, including to inform you about special offers for retailers near your location. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We might tell you about new features or updates. To learn about your choices for these communications, read the “Choices” section below.
- We use information to communicate with you. We may contact you about your account or our relationship. We may contact you about your feedback and comments. We might also contact you about this Policy or our platform Terms.
- We may also use push notifications on our mobile apps. For example, we may send you push notifications about offers and deals based on your preferences.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
We may share information with third parties.
- We will share information within the Bonial family of companies. This includes future subsidiaries or affiliates.
- We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who send emails for us. We may also share information with third parties who operate our “find ads near me” feature. We may also share information with companies that operate our platforms.
- We will share information with our business partners. For example, we may share information with our retail partners. This might include those whose circulars and ads appear on our platforms. We may also share information with third parties including social media platforms or apps that provide joint services with us. Information we share may include contact information and location information. It may also include other information we know about you. We may also share information with third parties who co-sponsor a promotion. These third parties will use information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- We will share information with third parties for marketing purposes. These third parties may include our retail partners. It may also include third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use the information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest based advertising. These third parties will use information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
- We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To unsubscribe at any time, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the unsubscribe link located at the end of each email. Don’t worry - even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions or information about your account.
You can control tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator, your Wi-Fi connection, or push notifications on your phone.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email, or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your letter that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
These platforms are not intended for children.
Our platforms are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here.
We use standard security measures.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our platforms will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
We may store information in and outside of the United States.
If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This platforms is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
We may link to other sites or apps or have third party services on our platforms we don’t control.
Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please email us at email@example.com. You can also write to us or call at:
Retale Consumer Relations
180 N Stetson Suite 2250
Chicago, IL, 60661, USA
We may update this Policy.
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our platform. Please check our platform periodically for updates.
© 2016 Bonial Enterprises North America, Inc. All rights reserved.