The East Stanford Neighborhood Garden is a great space for urban gardening and community development.
All people have common needs. We need food, not only for basic survival but also for enjoyment and quality of life. We need friendship too—not only for enjoyment but to gain a sense of purpose as we give back to others. Finally, we need a fully developed spirit: the knowledge that we exist beyond just our physical bodies makes each of us feel more whole.
The purpose, then, of the East Stanford Neighborhood Garden is to address each of these three vital human needs. For a nominal fee, garden members have the chance to grow their own food, form stronger ties within their community, and foster a greater sense of self in the process.
Our Garden is less than a year old, but we have seen some amazing things happen in a short time!
Community gardens everywhere: you voted, and we’ve found a winner! Congratulations to the East Stanford Neighborhood Garden of Springfield, Missouri. We wish you many more successful years of both strengthening and nourishing your community—forming friendships and teaching the next generation about sustainability. Thanks to all community gardens for your beautiful contributions. Let’s continue to make the world a greener and better place.
Our Township Garden Club was asked why the town did not have a community garden which set the wheels in . . .Read more
Goettingen Cascade is a community beautification project in the Portola district of San Francisco. The staircase at the intersection of . . .Read more
The 1,200 sq ft Kelly Street Garden in the South Bronx of NYC, open since June 2014, is more than . . .Read more
The Fresh Camp is a grass roots youth leadership institute to CULTIVATE YOUTH VOICE and NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH through community-focused hip-hop-in-action . . .Read more
The LibraryFarm is an organic community garden on one-half acre of land owned by the Northern Onondaga Public Library in . . .Read more
Koshland Community Learning Garden Location: in Koshland Park, Page and Buchanan CommunityGrows’ flagship site since 1994 Our programs teach over . . .Read more
How It Started In 2012 our founder Stephen Lucke started a community garden at the University of the Incarnate Word. . . .Read more
Located in the heart of the city, the USF Community garden not only serves it's students as a educational garden . . .Read more
This garden was formed and established to benefit the community with healthy fresh fruits and vegetables grown from their hearts . . .Read more
Terms and conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WHO ENTER FROM WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
1. Eligibility: Prize eligibility for the Retale Green Initiative: Community Garden Video Contest (the "Contest") is FREE to enter and open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. The employees, contractors, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers, and advertising, promotion, and judging agencies and all other service agencies involved in the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children, and their respective spouse) and household members of such employee are not eligible to participate.
2. Void where prohibited: The Contest is void in Puerto Rico and outside the 50 United States / D.C. where prohibited by applicable federal, state, provincial or local laws, rules or regulations.
3. Sponsor: Bonial North America Inc. ("Retale" or "Sponsor"), a member of Bonial.com Group, 525 West Monroe Street, Chicago, IL 60661
4. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant (hereinafter referred to as "you" or "Entrant") fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor , which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether or not the Entrant receives the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
5. Timing: Contest submissions begin on July 20, 2015 at 11:00:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") and end on August 20, 2015 at 11:59:59 pm ET ("Contest Submission Period"). The Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. A voting period will take place from August 24, 2015 at 11:00:00 am ET through September 4, 2015 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the "Voting Period"). Winner will be notified on or about September 7, 2015.
6. How to Enter: a. Create a video of no more than three (3) minutes in length, documenting of your community garden project, your group participants, or future goals for your community garden that promotes the individual community garden or community gardens generally (each, a "Video") and upload your Video to YouTube at youtube.com. Then, visit www.retale.com/green/video-contest/ ("Website") to register by providing the required information, including a link to your Video (an "Entry"). Entrants must have a valid e-mail address. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the Entrant, the Authorized Account Holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. You agree that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your submission and disqualify you if the Sponsor believes that your submission fails to conform to Sponsor's Terms of Service or these Official Rules b. There is no limit on the number of entries that can be submitted by each Entrant, provided that each Entry is substantially different. c. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected submissions. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their registration form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest should fraud, virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of the game. In the event of cancellation, the Sponsor will award the Prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation as deemed fair and equitably by the Sponsor.
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, send us a mail at email@example.com if you wish to report it.
ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Period, to request that any Entrant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
8. Selection of Winner: After the Contest Submission Period has ended, the Videos will be accessible on the Website for public vote. An individual can vote up to one (1) time per day during the Voting Period. The ten (10) Videos with the most votes will be named "Finalists". In the event of a tie for tenth place, all such tied entries shall be deemed Finalists.
Following the Voting Period, a team of qualified judges will judge the Finalist Videos and determine the one (1) potential winner (subject to verification) based on the following equally weighted criteria: creativity, originality, and overall video composition style. In the event of a tie for first place, the Entry with the highest score for creativity shall be deemed the potential winner.
The decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
9. Prize: One (1) winner will receive a gift card (ARV: $2,500) (the "Prize"). Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions set by issuer. If the Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize it receives, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. The value of the Prize awarded to the winner may be reported for tax purposes where required by law. The winner will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the Prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 form.
10 Warranty: By entering this Contest, you warrant and represent that all videos you submit (a) comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the website; (b) are your own original work, (b) have not won previous awards, (c) have not been previously published, (d) do not infringe upon any copyright, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (e) are suitable for publication (i.e. do not contain any defamatory, libelous or slanderous material), (f) do not violate any other right of any person or entity, (g) are not sexually explicit; suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group; obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate group; profane or pornographic; (h) do not contain nudity or any materially dangerous activities; (i) do not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (j) do not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products, or companies; and (k) are not otherwise contrary to law. Further, you warrant that all videos you submit do not endorse or be perceived to endorse a commercial product or service, that you have obtained permission from a person whose name, likeness, or voice is used in the Entry, and that publication of the Entry via various media including web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. This includes but is not limited to the display of brand names or trademarks on any people, equipment or other objects visible in the video. For any video submitted in which a person is recognizable, you must secure a release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject's parent or guardian and, upon request, provide it to Sponsor.
11. Notification and Verification: If you are selected as a potential winner, you will be notified of the selection of your video by the email address provided on your Sponsor registration on or about September 4. Potential winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification or the Prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified. If you do not respond to the email notification of your selection as a potential winner within three (3) days, an alternate winners will be selected to receive the Prize. All decisions of the Sponsor in selecting the winner are final and binding on you in matters relating to the Contest. The Prize is not redeemable for cash. The Prize won by an Entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of Entrants.
12. License and Ownership: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR'S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR'S DISCRETION. Uploading a Video constitutes entrant's consent to give Sponsor an unlimited, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, license and right to use, reproduce, modify, publish, perform the Entry in any way, create derivative works from, and display such video in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes, without consideration to the Entrant. However, Sponsor has no obligation to publish or use or retain any video you submit or to return any video to any entrant.
Winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use the winner's name, city, state, photograph, voice and/or likeness, submitted videos and/or prize information in connection with the Contest or for advertising and/or publicity purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented, including without limitation the Internet, without time limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees that its Winning Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to the Sponsor the rights in and to all Winning Entries he has submitted including, without limitation, the rights to use these Winning Entries for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledge. Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of "Droit Moral" or "Moral Rights of Authors" or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their Entry. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and "Moral Rights of Authors" waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor's rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment. Winner accepts and acknowledges that the Sponsor shall not be obligated to publish or use the Winning Entries and that the Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using any Winning Entry. The Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent the Sponsor choose to refrain from any exploitation of their rights hereunder.
13. Release: Winners may be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit or Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity release, within three (3) days of attempted notification or Prize may be forfeited.
By submitting an entry, you (or your parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, and distributors, and each of their officers, directors, employees, and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be released and held harmless by you and your heirs, executors, representatives, successors and assigns for any claims, liabilities, or causes of action of any kind or nature for any injury, loss or damages of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses, to persons, including, without limitation, disability or death, and damage to property, due in whole or in part, arising directly or indirectly, now or in the future from the awarding, receipt, possession, delivery, acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize, any and all use as provided herein of your entry, or participation in this Contest and/or any related contest. Some liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, in which case such limitation or exclusion shall apply only to the extent permitted by the law in the relevant jurisdiction.
Please see the privacy located at www.retale.com/privacy for details of Sponsor's policy regarding the use of personal information collected in connection with this Contest. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publically-available winner's list.
14. Indemnification: You will indemnify the Sponsor and any licensee of the Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these Official Rules.
15. Limitations of Liability: The Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, Internet users, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures or delays of any kind, including, but not limited to computer system, software, hardware, or program malfunctions, interruptions, disconnections in phone lines, computer transmissions, network connections, or network hardware or software, or other errors; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize. The Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. If for any reason your submission is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another submission. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
16. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Federal or State courts located in Cook County, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees and court costs; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of you and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois.
17. Winner Announcement: The winner list will be posted on or about October 1, 2015 on the Retale Go Green blog at www.retale.com/green.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE ORGANIZER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY YOU FROM THE CONTEST.